- Before we get into the what's and why's let's start with the how's. How to take it! We have a section on how CBD interacts with the body, you can find it in the "WHY" section.
How much should I take?
- Dosing CBD doesn't have to be as complicated as everyone is making it out to be. It is ultimately dependent on the person and their metabolism.
- We recommend you start with a 1/4 of a dropper and work your way up 1/4 at a time until you reach the desired effect. i.e. better sleep, less pain, etc.
- Since CBD is fat soluble, it is stored in adipose (fat) tissue. CBD builds up over time, so there is potential to have compounding effects as time goes on.
** From customer feedback we can tell you that most notice desired effects from 1/2 a dropper full.
What exactly is CBD oil?
- CBD isn't actually an oil. It's a phyto (plant) cannabinoid, a natural plant chemical. CBD and other minor cannabinoids are obtained from the plant and then mixed with a lipid carrier oil to boost bioavailability 3 fold. That means the CBD works 3x better!
What is a carrier oil?
- We use a 100% caprylic acid MCT (medium chain triglyceride) oil as our choice for the carrier. It is the most easily digestible MCT and allows for optimal absorbtion. Other options are coconut oil, olive oil, or even hemp seed oil.
Hemp Seed Oil vs CBD Oil
- Hemp oil is extracted from the hemp seed. Hemp seed oil doesn't not contain CBD!
How is CBD made?
- CBD is obtained from the hemp plant's flowers, stems, and leaves via multiple extraction methods. The safest are CO2 and ethanol extractions.
- There are many cheaper methods that involve toxic chemicals. This is why a certificate of analysis is pertinent to show the extract is free of harmful contaminants.
*We test for over 120+ contaminants!
*Our CBD is extracted from a combination of CO2 and ethanol.